What's the difference between TukkaMate Cat Food and other brands?

With the release of TukkaMate’s new lightly cooked cat food, we are so excited to share that our nutritional guaranteed analysis not only exceeds standards but what other cat food brands are offering.


We are blown away. Not only is TukkaMate’s cat food combos a balanced and high-protein meal but our crude protein, crude fat, crude fiber and moisture percentage is exceptional! On the other hand, companies claiming to offer “human-grade” fresh cat food are way below standards at less than 10% of crude protein, fiber and fat. Let's do a deeper dive into WHAT ingredients they use and WHERE their percentages lie.


OPEN FARM


Open Farm offers a large variety of “human-grade” fresh cat food ranging from chicken, turkey, fish and beef. Let's break down comparable varieties and ingredients to TukkaMate cat food.


Open Farm Turkey Rustic Blend: Main ingredients include: Turkey, Pumpkin, Carrots, Spinach, Cranberries and Coconut Oil. Again, what is not listed on their main page is the endless list of 33 ingredients. An interesting ingredient they use is lentils. Lentils usually cause gastrointestinal problems for cats.

TukkaMate Sweet As! Combo: Main ingredients include: Turkey, Pork, Sweet Potato, Spinach, Eggs, Oats, Avocado Oil, Himalayan Pink Salt and Nutritional Blend. Again, that's it!

Guaranteed Analysis:

As you can see, there is a major difference in TukkaMate’s Turkey combo compared to Open Farm’s. The biggest difference is our percentages of crude protein, fat and moisture. Since TukkaMate for cats is high in protein our percentage is much higher, over 10%, and because we don’t add water as an additional ingredient, we are less than nearly 30% for moisture.


Open Farm Beef Rustic Blend: Main ingredients include: Beef, Pumpkin, Carrots, Spinach, Cranberries and Coconut Oil. Again, there is an additional 34 ingredients list that does not make the main page. Something to be asking is, why are there so many ingredients in their cat food? The answer is simple, there shouldn’t be.

TukkaMake True Blue Combo: Main ingredients include: Beef, Pumpkin, Spinach, Eggs, Oats, Avocado Oil, Himalayan Pink Salt and Nutritional Blend. You guessed it, that's it!

Guaranteed Analysis:

Once again, we see a major difference in crude protein, fat and moisture and again, for all the same reasons.



Open Farm Herring & Mackerel Blend: Main ingredients include: Recommended Herring & Mackerel, Pumpkin, Carrots, Spinach & Cranberries.

What is not listed on their main page is the endless list of 34 ingredients. Besides the unnecessary ingredients added, one that stands out is, ‘Water Sufficient for Processing’, what does this mean exactly? It means that they didn’t add any ‘unnecessary’ amount of water, but have used it as a filler for production.

TukkaMate Bee’s Knees Combo: Main ingredients include: White Fish, Turkey, Pumpkin, Spinach, Eggs, Oats, Avocado Oil, Himalayan Pink Salt and Nutritional Blend. That's it!


Guaranteed Analysis:


As you can see, our guaranteed analysis blows Open Farms Fish variety out of the park! One thing you notice is their moisture percentage is more than 10% higher, why? Moisture % relates to the added water content in a product, which again is an unnecessary ingredient.

SUMMARY

Aren’t cats supposed to receive a high protein meal? The biggest difference between us and Open Farm is our ratio of ingredients. While we include oats and simple veggies, they equate to less than 15% of what goes into our varieties recipe which is only to support a cat’s health, not as an “economical” filler. The other 85% is purely lightly cooked meat. Try it for yourself to not only see the difference in ingredient and product quality, but the improvement you will see in your cat.


Just Food For Dogs

JustCats Fish & Chicken: Main ingredients: Wild Alaskan Cod, Sardines, Yuca Root, Chicken Thighs, Chicken Hearts, Chicken Liver, and Multi Vitamin Blend.

TukkaMate Cat Food: Turkey, Pork, White Fish & Beef, Spinach, Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, Oats, Eggs, Avocado Oil, Himalayan Pink Salt, and Nutritional Blend.

Guaranteed Analysis:




Yet again, we see a huge difference between our crude protein, fat and moisture to another “human-grade” fresh cat food company.







26 views0 comments